Time to head home--feeling well!

The last few days before I went to surgery I was able to visit with family and friends.  On the first of September, Dr. Dale Erickson, our first doctor at Chidamoyo in 1968 came up to have lunch with Sylvia and I.  He was in San Francisco at a medical conference and drove up to spend the afternoon with us.  He is a nephrologist in Albuquerque now and it was great to see him.

On the 3rd-5th of September, Sylvia and I went with my brother Dennis and his wife Kathy to Reno to visit my older sister Carol and her husband Mike.  We had a wonderful  visit and the penny slots kept us busy and got some shopping in!

We drove straight home on the 5th and straight to the hospital.  We left Reno at 4:30 a.m. and at exactly 8:45 a.m. I was checking for surgery.  I went in at 11 a.m. and by 1:30 p.m. I was home and feeling well.  I was still a bit groggy from the anesthesia so took a pain pill and slept for the rest of the day and night and woke up about 3 a.m. and read for an hour and then back to sleep until 7 a.m.

Since then I have felt so well.  No pain, no fevers and no fatigue!  Taking the gallbladder out seems to be the answer--yeah!  the liver biopsy showed cirrhosis and am doing some more blood tests to find out why but I am fine.

Since then I have been visiting family and friends, shopping and just enjoying my last few days in the US. 

On Friday I was honored to be presented with the Paul Harris award from the Sebastopol Rotary for my work in Zimbabwe.  This club has been so helpful in supporting our work at the hospital.

God has provided for all my medical expenses and doctors and has blessed me with such great care and concern from all of them.  Thank you to all who have helped in sending donations, gifts, taken me out for meals, praying for me and the surgeries and called.  I feel so blessed by all of you.

Saturday I fly to Zimbabwe.  Major texted yesterday they are counting the hours--me too!  I have always felt so lucky to have 2 homes in life!

Fall is on the way here and how nice it has been to be home and see some of the leaves already changing colors, cooler evenings and sun going down earlier.  These are things we don't get to experience in Zimbabwe so it is special to me! 
Dale and Sylvia

 Brother Dennis and sister Carol with me
 Nellie and I having lunch--a Chidamoyo alumni and an RN
The Paul Harris award being presented by Rotary

Celebrating my birthday with Bible Study friends at Sebastopol church
Enjoying cheesecake with Sue my forwarding agent!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unpacking cintainer, interviewing a new doctor

Enjoyable time away at Rhino Camp

Covid-19--The world has changed